Dad, Mom, and baby Meghan

Dad, Mom, and baby Meghan

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Post one of 31

OK, officially it is still September 30 here, but it is October 1 somewhere. :o)

I thought I would post today about expectations for my girls.

I want for all of them, all 4, to have happy and fulfilled lives. Being somewhat old-fashioned; I would like them all to have a committed relationship, even getting married. Yes, getting an education is very important, being strong and able to take care of themselves and others is also essential.

I am aware that Meghan, Kara and Amanda may have more challenges than Julia, I accept that in order for them to be independent, they will also need support. We knew this when Meghan was born, we accepted it when we decided to adopt Kara and Amanda. It does not mean they can't accomplish goals.

I want them all to know how to live and thrive once we are no longer here to guide them, for all 8 of my children to take care of one another and to never drop out of each others lives just because their parents are gone.

I would wish that in their future my girls with Ds will be looked at as whole and complete women, and not their syndrome.

It has been a long day, I am tired and ready for bed. Please pray for Amanda, she is facing some more testing, I know she gets so scared when she has doctors standing over her. See her blog for news of today.

1 comment:

GoldenAngelsWorks said...

Those are wonderful goals for your daughters. I wish the same for all my children.

I pray that all goals the girls make for themselves as well as those you have for them will be fullfilled.

Much prayers and good thoughts go with you and Amanda at this time.

Forgive and forget?

My heart is pretty heavy today, happenings of the last week have wounded me; re-opening old wounds. Through this journey into the past, I re...