Dad, Mom, and baby Meghan

Dad, Mom, and baby Meghan

Friday, October 31, 2008

Last day-31 for 21

Well, I did not reach my goal, I missed a couple of days. I know that the idea was to blog about Down syndrome, but goodness, my day is all about Down syndrome. The way we eat, learn, play, and interact with our three youngest is about helping them be the strongest, happiest and smartest girls they can be.

I read blogs were they explained what Down syndrome was, and such, some really clever blogs I enjoyed reading, one American mom told about giving birth to her daughter in Ukraine, which had to be terribly difficult considering how Ukraine views our children with trisomy 21. I was enthralled by her story.

It has been a rough month here, I am not sure why, but I have felt very sad most of the month, maybe the election blues? Folks have seemingly retreated into their homes and so few are talking to one another, I suppose afraid to in such a divisive election year.


Election and Political MySpace Comments and Graphics
Election and Political MySpace Layouts Photobucket Login - Upload Pics and Videos
Free Comments and Graphics


I for one want Tuesday to come and be over with so we will all know what we have to look forward to (or dread) the next 4 years. The important thing to do is VOTE, a few folks told me they won't because neither candidate appeals to them, well, there are 3 others running, perhaps you can vote for them? Last poll I read said 50% of Americans were undecided about their votes. I have come to a decision about how to cast mine, but not without reservations, as neither candidate speaks for me, my family issues and values. Obviously I am neither far left or far right, suppose it makes me a moderate... doesn't matter either way, I detest the labels folks feel they need to give one another.

1 comment:

gillian said...

Thanks for the link to my blog! I've enjoyed reading all three of your blogs, although I am not quite sure how you do it :). Your kids are beautiful!

I'm with you about the election. Can't wait until Wednesday!

Forgive and forget?

My heart is pretty heavy today, happenings of the last week have wounded me; re-opening old wounds. Through this journey into the past, I re...