Dad, Mom, and baby Meghan

Dad, Mom, and baby Meghan

Thursday, October 8, 2009

31 for 21 day 8

It has been a long day, so this post will be short.

Tonight I sat on the sofa watching the Duggers, 18 Kids and Counting, I am always amazed that they have so many children, and not one of them has special needs. Michelle is expecting again, she is 45, and I pondered on how their lives would change if she gave birth to a baby with Down syndrome. Now she addressed that question when they talked about skipping all the medical tests they give pregnant women with the sole purpose of ferreting out babies with genetic issues. We skipped them too, we knew regardless of the outcome, we would not terminate, Michelle said they would accept the child God gave them.

Honestly, I wish my family cooperated as much as their does, I think they are a great family. Lucky to have one another, I feel I am lucky to have my family as well. Amanda cuddled into me while I watched the show, and Kara sat beside me, Meghan danced around and laughed as I sang to and tickled her sisters. Julia is fighting a cold, but it was good to have her home spending a quiet evening with me. Tom was teaching guitar classes tonight.

I read a quote on Facebook tonight, it said "You don't know what its liked to be loved, until you've been loved by a child who has Down syndrome" I agree, but I feel the same way about all my children.

I hope everyone had a good day, better than mine, but at least I got to end it cuddling with my extra special girls.

No comments:

Forgive and forget?

My heart is pretty heavy today, happenings of the last week have wounded me; re-opening old wounds. Through this journey into the past, I re...