Dad, Mom, and baby Meghan

Dad, Mom, and baby Meghan

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Recovering slowly

We are on the mend from the flu here, I am happily sitting down without and intense need to fall asleep. From our symptoms, it seems we have had the Swine Flu, though it was not confirmed by a doctor. Only very ill people are being tested for the virus, and the tests are inconclusive. We have matched at least 2/3 of the symptoms, I think we can say, yep, Swine Flu. Apparently the only flu in town is the Swim Flu so...hope this means the vaccine discussion is a mute point for us. I will tell folks that our first symptoms were intense fatigue and high fevers. The fatigue reminded me of that which I had following chemotherapy, I literally could not stay awake.

It was and still is a bad flu for me, the coughing from the chest congestion being worse because I already have asthma, I am also not able to eat much, but believe me, I need to weigh less, unlike Amanda, who was the third person to get sick, she lost a couple of pounds form sleeping instead of eating. Amanda is almost back to her old self. Meghan was the 4th person to catch it, she is still tired and coughing, big dark rings under her eyes, but she was outside playing today and does not cough at night any longer. Tom is feeling much better, but still coughing himself, says he feels almost back to normal. I was next in line to get it, I tried not to, but kids are not good at covering the faces when they sneeze, I was doomed! Kara seems to have the diarrhea part of the flu, also fever and runny nose. She is doing better today too. Been a rough couple of weeks here.

Julia says she never caught this, but was feverish, had extreme exhaustion and the chills before anyone else was ill so...

Prayers are very welcome.

3 comments:

carol said...

Oh No Kris,
I hope all of you get to start feeling better.I wish you had help to come so you could get that much needed sleep. I dont know how you do it with 3 little ones. Please take care and get well soon. I am terrified of getting this flu as my immune system is gone since the mumps. Haley is scared. she say she is not leaving the house till next spring.lol
Get well soon you have my prayers for the whole family.
take care carol

GoldenAngelsWorks said...

Glad you all are on the mend. Prayers for continued healing.

Beth said...

Oh gosh! I hope you are feeling better. What an ordeal. I have been worried about how the H1N1 would manifest itself with our kids with Ds. I am relieved to hear that your girls are fighting back with relative ease.

I'll be back to respond to your homeschooling post--it sounds like Arizona has some pretty serious homeschooling rules!

Forgive and forget?

My heart is pretty heavy today, happenings of the last week have wounded me; re-opening old wounds. Through this journey into the past, I re...