Dad, Mom, and baby Meghan

Dad, Mom, and baby Meghan

Friday, August 29, 2008

Why adopt internationally?

People ask me this all the time, they say our foster care system is full of children who need forever families, I say at least they have a home; a foster family... No it is not perfect, families though, rarely are, but they ARE NOT housed like unwanted animals, never seeing sunlight, never knowing love.

I warn you that these videos are very upsetting, they made me cry, they horrified me if I am honest, I will say this, but they also renewed my vow to myself and God to do what I could to help get the children out of baby houses before they end up in these abominable places.

This is a look at Serbia's mental institutions, sadly most eastern European institutions are very similar, some better, some worse. Kara's blog shows two girls available for adoption, they live in a mental institution, their "home" is nothing like these, it is better funded, but they often remain in bed for most of the day, they need families, both girls are nearly Meghan's age, they still have a sparkle in their eyes, they have so much potential. Visit Kara's blog and click on their pictures on the side bar, they are Katerina and Margarita.

THIS IS WHY WE ADOPTED OUR DAUGHTERS, THIS IS WHY IT IS SO IMPORTANT TO OPEN YOUR HEART TO THE POSSIBILITY of adoption or TO HELP ANOTHER FAMILY BRING ONE OR MORE OF THESE SPECIAL CHILDREN HOME.





No comments:

Forgive and forget?

My heart is pretty heavy today, happenings of the last week have wounded me; re-opening old wounds. Through this journey into the past, I re...