If you are concerned about budget cuts to DDD services, please read the following... NO MORE BUDGET CUTS!
CRITICAL SERVICES ARE BEING CUT FOR CHILDREN AND ADULTS WITH DEVELOPMENTAL DISABILITIES AND OTHER SPECIAL HEALTH CARE NEEDS. THE AZ COMMUNITY NEEDS TO TAKE A STRONG STAND - STRENGTH IN NUMBERS - TO LET OUR GOVERNOR AND LEGISLATORS KNOW.
THIS IS NOT OKAY!
On April 10th, 2009, we want to let them know in a BIG way that we are a united front. Here's what YOU can do:
1) Get a white envelope (letter size works well)
2) On the back of the envelope, write the following message:
(You could also print & paste this message to the back of an envelope.)
This envelope represents one baby, child or adult with
disabilities who's life will be critically impacted by budget
cuts. This envelope is empty because it represents what the lives
of people who are vulnerable will be like without the support they
need to live with dignity and respect. It also represents the
emptiness that our communities will experience without the
inclusion of people with disabilities. Sad.lonely.empty. Is anyone listening?
3) Send your empty envelope to The Honorable Jan Brewer, Governor of Arizona, 1700 West Washington, Phoenix , AZ 85007 . Additionally, do another envelope for each of your District Representatives and your Senator. You can find your legislators online at www.azleg.gov .You can also find your District listed on your voter registration card.
4) Put a stamp on the empty, sealed envelope (with message on back) and
mail on April 10th
5) E-mail this message to every single person you know who cares.
It may seem that those who care about people with special needs are in the minority. It may seem like we have no voice. Let us show our elected officials that the voices of those who care for people with developmental disabilities and other health care needs are not silent and must be heard. An empty envelope will send the message that there is moral outrage over these budget cuts. It will be quiet, but clear.
IT IS IMPORTANT THAT YOU DO THIS. PEOPLE WITHOUT A VOICE ARE COUNTING ON YOU! IT IS A SMALL THING FOR EACH OF US TO DO THAT CAN HAVE A HUGE IMPACT!
"Never doubt that a small, group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.
Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."
1 day ago