Dad, Mom, and baby Meghan

Dad, Mom, and baby Meghan

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Is silence golden? Trying to stay out of trouble

For three days mom was smacked down with intestinal issues, today, daddy was hit. We are keeping our fingers crossed that the girls are spared. I do not want any of the 4 to get this.

After being exposed to strep 4 times, I ended up with a flare up of my guttate psoriasis, something I never had until I wen to Ukraine and ate all the bread and dairy, doggone it, I am miserably itchy and blotchy, and grumpy. I am hoping it will go dormant and stay that way sometime soon. I cannot take the drugs the give for this due to the side effects. Light therapy, pine tar soap and oil, and prayer are all I have to use against this. Waaaaaaaaa.

The girls will have a somewhat busy week next week, with and OT eval for Meghan, and IEP review for Kara, and a ST evaluation coming up for Kara. We are waiting to hear if physical therapy is approved for Amanda. she had an evaluation last week. We have also asked for a new services coordinator, I will just say we had irreconcilable differences. No word yet about a new one, but I hope this one will fit more with our family and will turn in paperwork on a more timely basis.

Julia just completed AIMS testing for this year, a waste of time in my opinion, it doesn't show true intelligence, schools have begun to teach only for students to pass the test, the schools "grade" is dependent on how well their student body does. I wish they would do away with this ridiculous nonsense, they are just following state madate... She cannot graduate in two years unless she passes this...

Our school district is talking about eliminating fine arts from the curriculum, it already has from elementary schools for the 2009-2010 school year, even though state standards require arts be in place. Budget cuts; what the administration deems important is not theater, art, vocal and instrumental music. Wonder where the next generation of actors, and musicians, and artists will come from if they eliminate fine arts education from the schools? Ah well, who needs any of that anyway? (yes, and am being facetious) If you live in AZ and care about fine arts, the time to let your voice be heard is NOW.

1 comment:

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

Kris,
You won the bandanna set from Kellsey's auction! You can visit her blog to see about payment and stuff! Thanks so much for helping us bring our girl home!
http://www.aspecialkadoption.blogspot.com

Forgive and forget?

My heart is pretty heavy today, happenings of the last week have wounded me; re-opening old wounds. Through this journey into the past, I re...