Dad, Mom, and baby Meghan

Dad, Mom, and baby Meghan

Sunday, October 2, 2011

31 for 21 day 2-ABC's of Down syndrome-B=Be in the moment.

Do you ever drop everything and dance with your kids, or belt out a song with them? We do that here all the time during our school day. Meghan loves to sing, and being that she is not a critical person, I sing with her...I dance with Kara, I bounce Amanda on my knee whenever she wants me to, we all live in the moment every single day. It is one very important lesson I learned over the years, to just enjoy life.

Our house does run on a routine, but it is not rigid, though the girls expect things to progress a certain way, and they get discombobulated if we alter it too much, it does not stop them from giggling and dancing with Mom. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner need to be within certain times, and they have to do their schoolwork the time and the same way. Still, I have never seen anyone enjoy every single second of their day like my younger three do. If I put on music, they are up and dancing. If I put on their favorite movie they are smiling and excited, even if they saw it 5 times that week. They are just happy with life. They can also get storm cloud angry just as fast, but children are like that.



Eric and Melissa, it was a beautiful wedding. We welcomed a new daughter to our family, and a new granddaughter Megan.






Meghan dancing at her brothers Eric's wedding.




Kara on the dance floor with the streaker, little guy kept taking off his clothes LOL





Lola running at me, she is FAST.




Lola stalking the poor cat



We got a new puppy, she is a Lab and loves to nip and chase the girls, especially Amanda. Kara and Meghan just walk away from the puppy, and they are left pretty much alone. Now you or I, we would just stay away from a nippy puppy, but Amanda, she sees the dog and gets happy and tries to play with her. Someone needs to tell Lola in dog language that Amanda is not another puppy and does not have fur like her that protects against puppy teeth...Lola is learning, she is only 2 months old. The dozens of chew toys only distract Lola for so long. The Kong toys are helping, Lola spends a bit of time in doggy time out.




Unhappy Amanda, she wanted out, but kept sitting in the middle of a busy dance floor. If you click on the picture, you can see the scratches from puppy teeth.


No comments:

Forgive and forget?

My heart is pretty heavy today, happenings of the last week have wounded me; re-opening old wounds. Through this journey into the past, I re...