Dad, Mom, and baby Meghan

Dad, Mom, and baby Meghan

Monday, September 22, 2008

Weekend happenings

Brian is the man on the far right
I have always contended that we are the most boring family in the world, I guess we truly are. We don't go on cruises, or to Disneyland, or an trips to Yellowstone. No white water rafting in the Grand Canyon, or even trips to the zoo all that often. (I would love to white water raft down the Colorado River)

We do spend a lot of time together, I rarely rush about taking kids to so many activities we only see them when they wake up and go to bed, so I think that at least is good. My remaining 4 children will grow up and be on their own before I know it, it happened overnight with my 4 adult sons, and sure, Meghan, Kara and Amanda may not ever leave, but they will grow up. I have had friends who have their children in activities every night. I guess I am too lazy to do it, plus we do not have the income to support that. I think I am glad we don't.

Yesterday we went to another one of Brian's plays, this one was called "Working".For more information visit
http://www.studioconnections.net/.
Studio Connections’Da Vinci Players are proud to present Stephen Schwartz’s Working. Based on Studs Terkel’s book of interviews with American workers, this musical celebrates the spirit of the American dream. The show opens for a preview performance on Thursday, September 11th, and will run for three weekends. Their last show is this coming weekend if you live in Tucson, you may want to catch it. What a great cast, they were all amazing and of course we loved seeing Brian act and sing. He is acting as part of theDa Vinci Players. Their next production is "Frog and Toad". We rarely see Brian because he works full time and also rehearses every night, so his plays are one of the few times we get to see him.

We took Meghan, Kara, and Amanda to the play and managed to keep all three relatively quiet. It helped that it was nap time for the little girls, though Amanda was grinding her teeth so loud people around us were staring. When the play was over an older gentleman complimented us for having well behaved girls. :o) Amanda even learned to clap after each act! She had a leaky diaper and wet my jeans, we were trying to slip out the side door when the older gentleman stopped us.

Eric was in triathlon yesterday in Phoenix, he said it was pretty hot yesterday.

Olympic - 1.5k Swim, 27.5 mile Bike, 10k Run
His results:
EricLevario
Place-males 80/302
Swim time: 23:42
Bike Time: 1:18:30
Run Time: 51:15
total time: 2:37:5

Way to go Eric, I thought he did pretty well, he was in the top 100! He is a great swimmer, and a pretty good runner, but the bike slows him down. He just got a new bike a week ago, I am sure his time on that will decrease too!

1 comment:

GoldenAngelsWorks said...

Way to go Brian and Eric. You both have become wonderful gentleman and I am sure your family is proud of both of you.

Forgive and forget?

My heart is pretty heavy today, happenings of the last week have wounded me; re-opening old wounds. Through this journey into the past, I re...