Dad, Mom, and baby Meghan

Dad, Mom, and baby Meghan

Sunday, August 17, 2008

School-week 1

So much has changed for Meghan in the last year, that finding a new normal is tough, she is not the most resilient little gal when it comes to change.

Last week was her first week back with AZVA and her behavior made it rough on all of us, avoidance tactics, and outright defiance. The little girls are also interested in what Meghan is doing, and scatter papers.

Something to work on for all of us...I would welcome tips from other home schooling moms and dads.

We were very busy last week, and the weeks flew by.

This weekend we met with another RR family, they have lent us their stroller while we raise money for, thanks to Lori and Evan, tomorrow is the dentist appointment, and you are sanity savers, now I feel confident I can do this alone.

Meghan has a check-up and Kara and Amanda have their first dental exams. I am concerned about Amanda, her teeth are terrible, I hope she isn't too traumatized by it.

We have another fundraiser going, complete with a drawing for a great holiday candle, 26 ounces, and it smells SO good. Hopefully we can raise as much as we did for the Banana Nut Bread fundraiser. :o)

3 comments:

GoldenAngelsWorks said...

Hope things go well at the dentist!

WheresMyAngels said...

Can you not get funding for one thru where your daughters get their services from? I know most probably can't, we are lucky we have outstanding services and I remember they bought me a double stroller when I needed one after mine was totaled out in a car accident.

Arizona mom to eight said...

I never considered going to them, they do as little as possible for the girls due to extreme budget cuts, first things to suffer were education and of course special education really got hammered. They keep taking services away from Meghan, saying she has them on paper, yet never following through. Currently Meghan should have music therapy, she doesn't, and water therapy, forget it. I have followed up 4 times, nothing, I am very cranky about it.

I am rather disgusted with our state services at the moment, the Governor is too busy putting cameras on traffic lights to care about education. They froze my husbands wages this year...so they could pay policemen and firemen, we, as a community, HAVE to have these men and women employed, how could we not. Should not come from the same pot of money in my opionion. Now are't you glad you asked? LOL

Forgive and forget?

My heart is pretty heavy today, happenings of the last week have wounded me; re-opening old wounds. Through this journey into the past, I re...