Dad, Mom, and baby Meghan

Dad, Mom, and baby Meghan

Thursday, September 18, 2008

I know, I know, Charity begins at home


This is our home

I have three different fundraisers on my blog, one for our local Buddy Walk, one for my dear friend, a very special lady who helps everyone she can, and the last to help the grant agency who helped us adopt both girls raise funding to allow for more families to receive adoption grants.

I am sure folks are weary of someone always asking them for donations, I know I am, I get more than 20 a day in my inbox. I get at least 5 phone calls as well. How do you choose, who do you help, and how can you help everyone? You can't unless you are someone like Bill Gates or Oprah.

If you have been listening to the news you know that things are looking bad for America, banks closing, merging, Dow Jones down, the federal government bailing out ailing companies like AIG, FANNIEMAE, etc and maybe you are thinking that holding on to what you earn seems like a better idea than donating money to numerous causes. I know, I am there too.

But then I realize that we can help, even if it is $5, it helps, and lately it has been me that needed help for our adoption expenses, and we received so much support, and every time I look at my new daughters, I realize, we did not get them home alone, we had so much help! Still, here I am asking for help again, but not for my family this time., instead it is for people and organizations I believe in instead.

If you can spare even $5, please, PLEASE donate it to someone that needs your help, if not here, than anywhere else. The worse thing any of us can do is withhold aid to others at a time like this.

No comments:

Forgive and forget?

My heart is pretty heavy today, happenings of the last week have wounded me; re-opening old wounds. Through this journey into the past, I re...